Monday, January 28, 2019

Something in the Water (?) || My Goodness What Did I Eat

I'll be sparing you the details.

     I think I am going to be sticking to just Czech food. Some of the more regional foods that I have tried (namely one from a Chinese place and another from a burger place) have done a number on my gastrointestinal system. The first time I figured could happen to anyone, and once it was done, it was done.

The Chinese restaurant culprit.
(I often forget to take a photo of my meal before I actually start it)

And honestly, I don't blame the meal. As they say, if you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen.

     The quesadilla I had from this burger place last night though.

I was sussed out by it initially because it featured barbecue sauce instead of the more tomato or avocado-based toppings that are near and dear to my heart, but I ordered it nonetheless. It was a decent meal, not particularly memorable, but I was left wishing I had ordered something else. I did not really feel the effects of it until a few hours after the fact, and it has just been the gift that keeps on giving in the time since.

Part of me does not want to jump to conclusions and accuse this quesadilla of something I cannot be 100% sure it is responsible for, but another part of me feels extremely vulnerable after these past 24 hours and is clamoring for something to place this blame onto. This food poisoning (yikes, big claim, but I did not name any restaurants so there's no libel) has thwarted all of my attempts to remedy it, and is roughing me up as I type this, and if it continues for another 24 hours I am going to see someone about this foolishness.

Sadly, before this, I thought I was on the up and up. I had been feeling feverish Saturday evening (after spending most of the day inside) and it came with the chills/heat/sweats combo throughout my slumber, but once that had subsided I went from feeling like a feeble baby bird to an invincible young man. All that only to be brought down by a weird ass quesadilla. Life abroad is different.

Always pack Tums and whatever else, my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment