Thursday, May 25, 2017

Heartbreak and An Apology

I am fatigued.
I only slept four hours last night (habitual sleep pattern issues) and drove the 460 miles from Scottsdale, AZ to Santa Fe, NM. I conducted a few interviews today.
The past few days have near nonstop and I have not given myself much of a break.
In an attempt to free up space on my phone to do more video recording, I copied the files from my phone onto my computer in the file where I keep all the media for this trip. Without checking to see if the files actually played on my computer first, I deleted them from my phone.
Now, I get a corrupt file notification when I try to play them. I am convinced that a lot of what was done today is now lost. An interview that is now gone was conducted just a few hours ago, and I wish you all could have met her.
So I am sorry, to that woman, who opened up to me and I let down by being careless with the handling of her interview.
To you, for letting you down and inhibiting you from getting to see more of the wonderful people that I have been blessed to meet.

I am discouraged.

I do not plan on ending this trip, but my faith, confidence, and strength have all been greatly shaken and I seriously doubt that I am qualified to make this project work. To really make it mean something and have a lasting impression on people. That is all I want.

No comments:

Post a Comment